Traveler Hero 2010
Since most of you being invited have never played HERO before, here is a quick overview.
- HERO is a character point system (no classes & no levels). If you want it (and the GM allows it), pay the points and you have it.
- That said, this will be a Heroic campaign, so standard equipment cost no points (i.e. pay your credits you got your gun).
- There ae packages that are “class-like.” But nothing’s set in stone.
- Everthing will probably be pre-built, as the Traveler universe doesn’t have a whole lot of sci-fi tropes—psionics seems to be the only one…and those looked rather weak to me at first glance.
- Being a point-based system, character creation can be a bit daunting the first time. It’s a good idea to have a character concept in hand before even attempting character creation.
- The HERO System website. Check out the forums…lots of knowledgeable people there
- I haven’t decide on the type of campaign being run, yet…other than it probably won’t be a military campaign…I’m leaning toward mercantile or exploration.
- HERO System uses only 6 siders. Skill rolls and combat rolls uses a 3D6 roll.
Back to Main Page